sound card on intel board not work, please help

Dear linux advancer:

I had intel D845PESV , come with AC97 and eeproLAN, both all not work in 2.4.20 . like AC97, I put it in /etc/modules

reboot it still have no sound(I assume gnome will have sound at login and logout as end user)

please help on that, actually in windowXP I also have no osund, I remember XP install warn me AC97 is not compatible with windowXP, but I still let that software dirver install from XP cd. it had no sound though.

hope to see any advancer in linux can let this chip work before windowr.

also is Koda digital Camera using USB be supported? Highly apprecaite your reply and help and effort and time

sincere Eric
www.linuxspice.com
linuxpc for sale