Re: How insecure are cable connections, versus dialup?

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 09:16:41PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:43:44PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > A firewall box like a Linksys, D-Link or Netgear or other is just
> > perfect for SOHO needs.
>
> Reading about security issues lately, you'd actually introduce more
> insecurities than would be solved if you're already running Linux.
> Avoid these like the plague.
>
> --
>  .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian admin and user
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than to fix a system

Exactly what security issues have you read about? I am pretty curious as
most of these little boxes seem to be NAT, and not much more. And since
a great deal of people are using these boxes, it would be interesting to
hear what problems you read about. Me, myself and I haven't heard of any
problems.

--
Best Regards

Nicolaus Kedegren