apt-get install linuxconf, error while processing slrn

Dear Linuxer:

 I try to apt-get linuxconf, it encounter error end as
Errors wre encountered while processing:
slrn

please help on that
also I already have lprng install
but when i try to print a file
lpr try
Get_local_host: hostname 'progeny.linuxspice.com' bad

also my apache webserver seem not work by similar reason, when I try to access my own website, www.registereddomained.com, it rpsonse conenction refused when attempting to contact 12.34.56.78

also my motherboard(intel D845PESV) have built in Lan(eepro I guess) but I modprobe eepro

/lib/modules/2.4.20-686/kernel/drivers/net/eepro.o: init_module: Device or resource busy Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
     You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20-686/kernel/drivers/net/eepro.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20-686/kernel/drivers/net/eepro.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20-686/kernel/drivers/net/eepro.o: insmod eepro failed

how to let it work?(work with 3com card now I use, so I will connect the other to my xp pc to webserve it to broadcast from xp, in windowXP intel's onboard Lan have no problem connect to internet)

highly apprecaite your help and effort and time

sincere Eric