Re: x be mop out after upgrade in test of debian, please help

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 09:13:09PM -0700, eric wrote:
[please don't top-post]
> yes , I know the spec of my monitor of kds Xflat 17e
> 3dforce B-16, 16M  print on my card
> HOLTEK
> HT27C512-70
> A022Z0612-2
>
> my most current config is using xfree86  4.0
> after that, startx
> it response
> (EE) no device detected

There is more output before that error. What does it say?

> it assum my card on pci bus: PCI:01:00:0
> maybe that is not correct,

What does lspci say?

> it is in my the only one AGP slot of 645e Max Mainboard
>
> tdfx and did not know what else can do.
>
> I also tried fbdev config
> I get :
> (EE) A screen must specify the device
>
> at begining boot, gdm ask me to reconfig x, I choose tdfx banshee (first
> item in 3 item of tdfx)
>
> of course not work

There is output before the line saying "(EE) A screen must specify the
device". What does that output say? (Offhand, it looks like you are
missing a line in your Screen section)