Re: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 12:38:37AM +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> It is? I thought that was the usual way to do it (with 2.4 kernels,
> anyway) ... should I look at recompiling my kernel with my SCSI drivers
> built in instead? Or are you specifically referring to filesystem
> drivers rather than all drivers necessary to mount the filesystem?

Support for your root device hardware and filesystem should be part of
your kernel for maximum ease and reliability.  Pretty much everything
else that can be moduled out should.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user