after install and remove norton security in xp, the site can not be access even in linux platform, please help

Dear linux users:

After I install norton security in my xp machine, my ie6 can not access the site I originally can access, then I immediately remove it, then try again, I still can not access that site

so I change machine to linux,-netscape7 , try again, I still can not access that site which can be access by both platform before i install Norton software.

 i use static ip

highly apprecaite your help
sincre ERic