Re: Realtek NIC and Modem trouble.

Modem is internal 3com USR Sportster 56k ISA jumpered to com3 IRQ 4
Only hardware thats in the system is the RTL8139, Geforce Card, Modem, sound
is the onboard sound.  I have used RTL8139's from when the 2.4 kernel started
on a heap of machines and have never seen anything like this before. The
kernel that Im using is 2.4.19.  I have reset configuration data and also put
IRQ4 as used by ISA.  This morning I have moved it to another PCI slot and
still no better.  The normal 8139 driver dosnt seem to be part of 2.4.19
anymore only the 8139too driver.  I tryed getting it from Donalds site but I
wasnt sure of how to compile it and it had a heap of compile errors when I
tryed.

Ive put some more info up here: http://midgedog.orcon.net.nz/info.txt

~Mike