Re: Step by step instructions for "sessions".

Hi list, here is the bad guy.  Be warned :-)

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 03:14:56PM -0500, Mr. David Bersson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Since this fellow who asked for advice on how to go directly into
> different window managers has objections to the method, it may of
> confused some of the newbies on this list on how to go about it. A
> careful study of his objections shows a person whose ego cannot take
> someone having a real solution. In fact, his confused objections leap
> out at you with his mailings and you must see such reactions are mere
> manifestations of the uncontrolled ego when encountering an equation
> that is beyond the scope of his limited intelligence.

Please use a sane mail client which puts proper "In-Reply-To:" header.
This enables us to track message using threading.  This is very true
since many things are beyond the scope of my limited intelligence :-)

Anyway, I am sorry to make you so angry and uncomfortable about me.  I
had no intention to do so and I am somewhat surprised.

> I will go through the method step by step for newbies to assure myself
> that he hasn't confused everyone with his silly objections. I am
> giving a superior method and perhaps the only real method of logging
> in directly to your window sessions. None of this person's complaints
> about it's method hold any water at all. Here's how to do it.  Now
> this young fellow wants to write a bug report to the person who
> created the manual for the method.  I'm certainly willing to abide by
> the fiction that it will create bugs.  Such remarks are unworthy of
> any linux users time.

I think Craig and Colin had good technical follow-ups so I will leave
technical issues here.  I am happy to know that no Debian documents
recommend copying binary files to /etc directory.  There will be no bug
report.

I like what Craig elaborated done for all gdm/xdm/wdm/... packages if
some window managers are installed. I want this kind of menu created in
the postinst script automatically if it is implemented.  (Now I know a
bit more on why Branden said some start up process does not parse
.xsession and why he was thinking to have summit on X initialization.)

Cheers :-)

Osamu
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract