Re: Non-Linux-aware ISP: please spoon feed

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:43:01PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
> I don't know if you are still in a bind, but I found a free DNS service
> at http://soa.granitecanyon.com/. Haven't tried it though.

Thanks - I'll make a note of that. I've got round it for the moment by
using WINIPCFG.EXE to retrieve the DNS addresses that I get when I
connect in windoze, finding that they seem to pick 2 out of a
consistent 3, and using those for a static DNS configuration,
following an off-list suggestion by Gerald Livingston. It's a bit
yucky, but it works perfectly well.

Pigeon