Re: Step by step instructions for "sessions".

I don't really want to start a flame war; but here is what i found on
my box:  (see step 1 below)
--- "Mr. David Bersson" <frater-sphinx@excite.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Since this fellow who asked for advice on how to
>  go directly into different window managers
> has objections to the method, it may of
>  confused some of the newbies on this list on how to
> go about it. A careful study of his
>  objections shows a person whose ego cannot take someone
> having a real solution. In fact, his
> confused objections leap out at you
> with his mailings and you
> must see such reactions are mere manifestations of the uncontrolled
> ego when encountering
> an equation that is beyond the scope of his limited intelligence.
>
> I will go through the method step by step for newbies to assure
> myself that he hasn't confused
> everyone with his silly objections. I am giving a superior method and
> perhaps the only real method of logging in directly to your window
> sessions. None of this person's complaints about
> it's method hold any water at all. Here's how to do it.  Now this
> young fellow wants to write a
> bug report to the person who created the manual for the mehod.  I'm
> certainly willing to abide by
> the fiction that it will create bugs.  Such remarks are unworthy of
> any linux users time.
>
> This is how to do it step by step and I'll start right from the
> beginning.
>
> 1. To find the start up script you use the "type" command. To wit:
> On your command line you do this:
> type wmaker.
> This will give you your startup script which is:  /usr/bin/wmaker
This didn't give me a startup script, it gave me a binary:

rbash-2.05b$ type icewm
icewm is /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm
rbash-2.05b$ file /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm
/usr/X11R6/bin/icewm: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not
stripped
> You now have the startup script path to give permissions.

No I don't; Step 1 failed... why bother continuing!