Re: bad error

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:26:40PM -0800, J Q Private wrote:
> How would this be different than the four or five
> 2.2.(18|19|20) boot floppies I had lying around?
>
> They all fail, also.

What exactly do you mean by a "boot floppy", and how does it "fail"?

My "boot floppy" is made from resc1440.bin on my Debian CD. It boots,
slightly confusingly, into the installation sequence. On the first
screen (select colour or monochrome) I select "Next" straightaway,
then there's a screen of blurb which I hit return to get rid of, then
I get to the installation menu. I scroll down this until I get to the
"Execute a shell" option, which is off the bottom of the menu until I
do scroll down. This gets me into a single-user root shell, so I can
fsck my hard drive, mount it and poke around on it.

See the thread on /etc/fstab or HD crash. I noticed you posted a reply
to that but all that was in it was one of my posts, quoted. Were you
trying to ask this sort of question?

Pigeon