Re: sync root passwords?

Quoting Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu>:

> You might want to reconsider the project, frankly - why not make different
> root passwords for different machines? That would seem to be a more secure
> alternative. You can make them systematically different to save yourself
> memorizing them all, by (for example) using the second letter of the
> hostname as one of the characters of the root password or something along
> those lines.
>
> ap

It might be a little more secure. but what happens when the pattern changes?
You have to login to each server and adjust it. I would like one script to do
them all at one shot. Plus, I figure if they hack my root passord, they could
probably easily figure out the pattern and get all my other servers anyway.

Mike