Re: Today's Evolution

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 19:51, Oki DZ wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:18:38PM -0800, Rich Rudnick wrote:
> > I had this problem when evo 1.2 first appeared in sid.  I'd built evo
> > snapshots and gtkhtml1.1 from source, and when I removed my build, I
> > missed gtkhtml1.1-editor in /usr/local/bin.  Could this be your problem
> > also?
>
> I don't know for sure.
> I attached the error dialog; it doesn't say anything about the version of
> the gtkhtml. I did check the versions of gtkhtml and libgtkhtml that showed
> by apt-get show evolution; they were OK.
>
> The dialog says something about activation system; I did reinstall oaf. I
> have the same error dialog.
>
> BTW, I have googled on gtkhtml1.1-editor; it was nothing. Where did you get
> the gtktml1.1-editor? By recompiling the source? My question is, why Sid has
> this non-working Evolution in the first place?
>
> Oki

Well, evolution is working fine for me, I'm sending this message with
it. That's the exact error message I got when I had a bad
gtkhtml1.1-editor floating around. The correct editor came in the
package gtkhtml1.1

try

cd /usr
find -name *gtkhtml*editor*

You should find gnome-gtkhtml-editor-1.1
--
First Impressions are Bunk.