Re: undo a dselect?

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 05:19:40PM +0100, Holger Wiechert wrote:
> I've got two questions:
> 1) how can I get dselect to ignore the settings I (somehow)
> selected during the last dselect session, and

No idea.

> 2) how do I get dselect only using certain things from
> the unstable branch, but others not?

AFAIK, deslect can't handle this.  apt can however, and how to do it is
explained in the Debian install docs, IIRC.  Look for 'apt pinning' or
search the list archives for the same.

This isn't going to be too useful at the moment though, since most
everything in sid depends on the new libc which isn't in sarge yet and
will get pulled in by nearly anything you'd care to install.

-rob