Re: edit menus under gnome2

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:56:45PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 06:34:11PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:05:20AM -0800, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > > Also the desktop pager won't show viewports, only workspaces under
> > > sawfish, and the tasklist only shows one row.
> >
> > Viewports were pretty much removed from both sawfish 1.1 and GNOME 2.
> >
> > Adding these lines to your .sawfishrc will bring back viewports to some
> > extent, but edge-flipping is gone forever, by the sounds of things.
> >
> > (setq customize-command-classes '(default viewport))
> > (setq viewport-dimensions '(3 . 3))
>
> Hm, weird. Edge-flipping works for me using sawfish 1.1 and GNOME 2. All
> I needed was:
>
>   (define-special-variable viewport-dimensions '(4 . 2)
>    "Size of each virtual workspace.")
>
> YMMV; I don't know a lot about what's going on here.

Ok, that's weird.  I've spoken to several people who claimed to have
looked into this and they all told me that edge flipping and 2d
viewports were gone.  Edge flipping works fine (though the resistance is
a bit high), as do my 3x3 desktops.  Now all I have left to complain
about is that GTK2 feels a lot 'heavier' than GTK1.2 on my machine ;-)

-rob