Re: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:14:50PM +0100, Holger Wiechert wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> After a hell of a ride with dselect,
> I finally have the following situation:
> In short, I still want to install mysql-server. Through
> a chain of dependencies that end up in perlapi-5.6.1,
> this is not possible. I've realized that I have installed
> (somehow) perl5.8.0.

Perl 5.8 is slightly (for varying values of 'slightly') incompatible
with Perl 5.6.  Since you have 5.8 installed, you'll need to use 5.8
compatible modules for everything.  I'm assuming that you accidentally
installed 5.8 from sid, so you'll now have to get all your Perl modules
from there...

A quick scan of the dependencies says that you'll probably be able to
get away with just installing libdbd-mysql-perl from sid.

-rob