Re: bad error

Thank you Dennis, but...

 Dennis Stosberg <dennis@stosberg.net> wrote:
Am 03.12.2002 um 13:29 schrieb J Q Private:

>> Both of the other heretofore bootable kernels on
the machine (all
>> 2.4.18) result in the same error during the boot
process, and
>> booting from A: results in a similar message.

> Take this as a lesson: Always keep a known good
kernel image in your
> boot manager.

Two of them worked yesterday? lilo -v had reported no
errors? Maybe I am missing something?

> Alternatively, if your system does
> not contain any problematic components,

Do you think it might be a bad drive, instead?

> you may simply copy a
> working kernel from any other system onto a floppy
disk and use this
> disk to boot your system

How would this be different than the four or five
2.2.(18|19|20) boot floppies I had lying around?

They all fail, also.

Howabout if I re-install Debian on a partition on the
machine that doesn't contain any data I need?

THX!