Re: audio cd

Am 03.12.2002 um 16:39 schrieb Bruce Park:

> I'm thinking that I should at least able to see the files in the cdrom
> directory.

There are no "files" on an audio cd. Everything konqueror shows
you is just a virtual representation of the audio tracks.

> When I use konqueor to go in there, I see nothing. I also try to
> open the files using xmms. I have the audio plugin and it seems to be doing
> nothing.

Have you set te correct device in KDE's control center? Do you have
permission, to access this device?

> Data cds work fine and that's great but I'm one of those people
> that believe mp3 lose sound quality. I could convert them to ogg-vorbis
> because its really just so much better but at the same time, I have many
> many cds.

I do neither have the sense of hearing nor an audio equipment good
enough to tell any difference between a 160kb+ MP3 and an original
CD.  If you're going to convert a lot of audio cds you may want to
check out "grip".

Regards,
Dennis