Re: How to change language in console?

Tom wrote:

Op (03/12/02 12:26) voelde Kent West de onweerstaanbare
aandrang hetvolgende te schrijven:

<cut problems with locales>

Any clues as to the correct method of changing the language of the system?

Try dpkg-reconfigure locales and choose the one you need as the
default locale. I think. Worked fine here.

Greets,
Tom

Ah, didn't even think of that. Unfortunately, I've got too much broken-ness in the system for dpkg-reconfigure to work; it just errors out. But I'll fix that shortly.

In the meanwhile, Colin suggested "export LC_ALL=C", which seems to have done the trick.

Thanks!

Kent