Re: X problem

as the regular user who logged in
xhost +
for more info man xhost
there are security issues with this.

Bruce Park wrote:

Hello Debian users,

I was wondering how I can fix this problem regarding the root user and X. Normally, I log into the machine as a regular user then use the su command to become root. Whenever I need to utilize X(xmms, emacs), I get an error stating the following:
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by the server
Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to Server
emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.0
Check the DISPLAT environment variable or use `-d'
Also use the xhost program to verify that it is set to permit connections fro your machine

I'm thinking that I need to add the root user to the Xlib somehow. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie when it comes to linux so....

bp