Re: psaux.o not compiled as a module?!

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:40:43 +0100, Stephan Seitz wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:28:49PM +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>> This file simply isn't there. The only "char" files I have are
>> "serial.o" and "softdog.o." Apart from these modules there's only
>> block, cdrom, ide, net, pnp, and sound modules.
>
>I wonder, if it ever was there.

It was there. I'm not halluscinating. ;-)

http://www.informatik.uni-siegen.de/softdocs/howto/Module-HOWTO-11.html

But it seems that it has been a while when I last spotted that module,
BECAUSE:

http://ken.bantoft.org/code/linux/600e/rc.modules

:-)

>If I read the help for "Mouse support" correctly, then:
>Note that the answer to this question won't directly affect the
>kernel: saying N will just cause the configurator to skip all
>the questions about non-serial mice. If unsure, say Y.

You're right.

>IIRC there was a time, when you could compile psaux as module. Then it
>merged with the keyboard driver, so you could only activate psaux or
>not. There was no module anymore. But this was long ago, I think, it
>happend in 2.1.x.

Absolutely.

>Shade and sweet water!

Thanks for the good wishes. :-)