CUPS/HP/lp printer errors

Hi,
I have a Sid system with KDE 3.0, and CUPS with lp, tied to a HP Deskjet 1120C.

When I try to print a postscript file (lp myfile.ps), often I get a bunch of junky, splotchy pages. If I look closely, I can see the general shapes of letters within the blocky splotches, but the letters are an inch high, and very broken up.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong with this? Or how might this be printed instead?