Handling of a mixed testing/unstable dist

OK - I'm currently running a mixed testing/unstable distribution based
on the information in the apt-howto document. Works well. I could use
some advice from the list though :)

This was to get certain specific packages (hmm - I have 53 unstable of
1587 total - which is more than I expected - but appears to be due to
dependencies). This was to get certain functionality where I was
actually suffering from bugs fixed in unstable that were preventing
some things from working. However - I have no real wish to stay on a
mixed dist forever.

Just wondering - to get back to testing - is it enough to wait for
those packages I have that are unstable to make it to testing and so
remove unstable from my sources.list? If so - what is the easiest way
to ascertain that this has in fact happened?

If not - what is the best way forward?

Note - I have no problem waiting until they reach testing - as long as
I can avoid installing more unstable than necessary - with the aim to
return to a plain testing dist as soon as that occurs.

I do not think that there are any more packages that I _need_ the
unstable version for - so I don't know if I should just remove the
unstable sources now - and then wait until the version number in
testing is higher than the version numbers on these packages as
installed.

All advice/FAQ pointers/RTFMs(with URL) gratefully received.

Regards

--
Chris Searle
debian@chrissearle.org