Re: XFCE questions and some thoughts about window managers..

> This might be better sent to xfce@moongroup.com, the XFce user list.  Go
I'm not trying to solve it yet... I was wondering if I was the only one
with that problem (because it happened to me on 2 different machines -
although both of them had exacly the same card).

> for more info.
>
> On 18 Nov 2002 at 12:10pm, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> :As for the thoughts... (not meaning to start a flame war)
> :
> :It seems that all the modern window managers/desktop managers imitate
> in :one way or another the windows gui. maybe that's the way for fight
> :micro$oft but I relly HATE it.
>
> What I LIKE about XFce is that it looks absolutely nothing like Gates'
> GUI - no "Start" button to stop, program icons only if you want them,
> the most intuitive taskbar I've ever used, etc.  It's highly
> customizable - when people see my desktop, they don't see anything
> remotely resembling that other GUI.
yep, XFce is deffenitly one of the good guys. I wasn't talking about it. I
was talking about the other Gnome/KDE/etc...