Directory permissions

Hi yall,

sometimes I read the howto's & they make sense & sometimes they don't....

Well, I tried to change them in the KDE file manager & Midnight Commander (God I love MC!), as root & it said I could not; insufficient permission! Hmmm.

So, I have a directory, on a Win-FAT-32 partition, with various sub-directories & I wanna access then as a plain user.

Um, like what is the syntax dude/dudette?

*BFN*

Greek Geek  :-)

Q: What algorithm did Intel use in the Pentium's floating point divider?
A: "Life is like a box of chocolates..." (Source: F. Gump of Intel)