Re: Gnome freezes on initial splash screen

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 10:11, franck routier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using unstable and did a fresh upgrade.
>
> Gnome2 won't work now. When I log in from gdm, the gnome splash screen
> opens, but nothing prints on the bottom of it, as it used to. It then
> stays frozen forever.
>
> I think this is related to gconf, but I'm not sure at all...
>
> Where should I look to try to solve this ?

Gnome2 in Sid is not starting anymore due to a bug in the latest bonobo
packages. To fix, downgrade the following packages: bonobo-activation
libbonobo-activation-dev libbonobo-activation4. The packages are in
/var/cache/apt/archives/ or at
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bonobo-activation/ and can be
installed using dpkg -i <package>. You may need to go down to version
1.0.3-2.2.