Re: ldap re-creating database

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 07:45:37PM -0800, nate wrote:
| mdevin said:
| > On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 18:49:40 -0800, nate wrote:
|
| > Thanks, it worked straight away.  But you have scared me now.  I want to
| > migrate over other stuff too for host information, users passwords etc.
| > Should I keep using the perl scripts in migrationtools and then slapadd
| > to add the files they generate.  Should I try to use ldapadd instead
| > somehow?
|
| you can use slapadd to add the minimum(needed so you can authenticate)
| then use ldapadd for the rest ..
|
| for my authentication i have a toplevel admin account, so in theory
| i would only need to slapadd 2 entries to authenticate? I think.

To work around that chicken-vs-egg problem, specify an admin dn and
password in the slapd.conf file.  Then you can bind, using any client
-- ldapadd, gq, web2ldap, (whatever) -- to manage the database.

-D

--
He who spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/