Re: X 4.2 problems ("out of range") with Matrox G450

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:56:26 +0000 (UTC)
Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Is there a reason you are not using the usual X drivers?

It's a difficult decision, I guess.  On the one hand Matrox presumably
know more about their cards than X people (unless they work for Matrox, of
course, but I wouldn't know).  On the other hand X people presumably
understand X better.  Given that X is open, I assume there is a good
chance of the Matrox drivers being OK.  Actually, I started out using
Matrox when I thought X didn't support my card, and have just stuck with
them since then.

Why not give it a try?  It might help.

FYI, my monitor is 17" LCD (Belinea).  I'll send you the config file
privately.

- Richard.