Re: Version to use?

Le Dimanche 17 Novembre 2002 19:00, sean finney a déclamé :
> >  I've got a small problem with that : my P75 takes time when using
> > dselect or apt-get ; it seems to have too many package dependencies
> oh yeah, i'm not arguing that it's not dog-slow, but how much longer
> would it take to download all of the sources yourself, figure out all
> of their dependencies, repeat said process for them, compile, and
> then install? :)

 Sure :o)
 Anyway, the answer is : installing a woody on a 486 will be long, it
would be better to avoid using non-free, and to protect it and strip
down so it should not be necessary to apt-upgrade too often (or put it
in the crontab).

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc - Clé PGP : 0F33E837