Re: Soundmixers all mixed up... :( How do I resolv?

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 06:24:34 -0800 (PST)
Shawn Lamson <madzimambo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Pontus Edvardsson <pontus.edvardsson@bredband.net> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I use Sarge, kernel 2.5.44 and Alsa compiled in. Thats mainly
> > because the alsa modules available in Debian didn't work well with
> > my soundcard,
> > an ICH2 on an ASUS P4B mobo, ( 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio (rev 05)
> >
> > What happens is that instead of amixer that I'm used to configure
> > alsa
> > with, aumix was default, why I have no idea - I certainly did not
> > install that on purpose. How can I re-register amixer as my default
> > mixer?
> >
> > Trying to start a mix I get the following error:
> > amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
> >
> > What can I do?
> i'm no expert but i would try recompiling/reinstalling amixer.

Oops... Sorry! I relize I forgot to mention what I did trying to resolve
it... :(

The first thing I thought of was uninstalling (and purging) aumix, which
also uninstalled sndconfig. That still resulted in no sound, and the
same error as mentioned above. Re-installing aumix, I am by invoking the
same, able to get sound... So it seems my default mixer is set to aumix
instead of amixer... The question is how do I set amixer as the default
mixer??

Pontus