vncserver errors

hi,

trying to run vncserver...  I getthe following error on startup:

vncserver
xauth:  /home/matt/.Xauthority not writable, changes will be ignored
xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/matt/.Xauthority

New 'X' desktop is anarres:3

Starting applications specified in /etc/X11/Xsession
Log file is /home/matt/.vnc/anarres:3.log

vncserver starts and seems to work fine (I can view the session
remotely), but kde won't start; it gives a screen with the following:

no access to '/home/matt/.ICEAuthority'

anyone know what setting, where, I hz<ve to change?

thanks!
matt