Re: segmentation fault - XEphem

Glenn Becker(burningclown@burningclown.com) is reported to have said:
> Hi -
>
> I can't pinpoint *exactly* when this problem began. I'm running testing
> (sarge) with a few unstable packages thrown in.
>
> Anyway, I installed the commercial/CD package of the XEphem astronomy
> program some months ago and have been happily running it since. Last
> week, however, I started getting a segmentation fault when I tried to
> run the program.

I am running xephem 3.5-2, from testing (I think), and it runs fine.
Suggest you use the CD for the Win version and just get the deb
package.  I seem to recall that a while ago I had used xephem-smotif,
so I check the dependices for xephem and see

VT1 root-3-Buddy:~# deps xephem
xephem
  Depends: lesstif1
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: xlibs
  Conflicts: <xephem-smotif>
  Conflicts: <xephem-dmotif>
  Replaces: <xephem-smotif>
  Replaces: <xephem-dmotif>

That might be the problem(?)

HTH
--
Windows: the ultimate triumph of marketing over technology.