[OT] RFC 822?

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 02:48:53AM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

> Many ISP's do not bounce mail sent to addresses that do not exist
> because robot software can use that info to build a database of
> valid addresses at that domain for spamming purposes.

Doesn't this break RFC 822?  I would think that a mail server should
bounce mail for addresses that do not exist anyway for the reasons you
mentioned.  Oh well, that's what they get for running their mail
machines on Windows NT/2000...

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F