Re: Modem connection. [wvdial or just pppd]

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:14:00PM +0000, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 November 2002 3:37 pm, infotechsys wrote:
> >What do most people use to get a dial-up connection
> > working? Will wvdial be a good choice?
> I have tried lots of things, and wvdial was the only one that worked! im sure
> that was just due to malconfiguration on behalf but wvdial was v easy to
> setup.
>
> hugh
When I used pppdconf it couldn't start my modem (ATZ didn't suffice as
an init-string). Because wvdial had no such problem (worked out of the
box), I copied the working modem options from wvdial's configuration file
to the appropriate entry in pppdconf. I deinstalled wvdial afterwards, but it
was nice for finding the right settings for the modem.

Christian