Re: Icons on a Blackbox Desktop

-- lameth <lameth@comcast.net> wrote
(on Saturday, 16 November 2002, 12:57 AM -0500):
> How do I go about putting program icons on the Blackbox desktop?

I've used both ROX-filer (there are debian packages listed on its
downloads page -- go to http://rox.sourceforge.net/ for more info) and
more recently iDesk (smaller and faster than ROX for icons, but not as
configurable -- http://idesk.sourceforge.net).

If you go for a 1.3.x version of ROX, make sure you apply the patch for
blackbox support that I uploaded to the project before compiling.
Regardless of version, run it with the -o option so that the icons will
appear on all desktops and not spawn a process for each icon.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net