Re: printing - from beginning

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 11:12:05AM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 04:31:34PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> ohh! now, the options that lynx localhost:631 gave me never included parallel:/dev/lp0 as option! it included everything else jet direct, ipp, socket and all other stuff but not parallel!
>
> > quite simple for you to access the web interface to add your printer.
> > All the information you need to fill in the forms is given above.
>
> thanx a ton. i will give it a shot right away. hope it works this time!

and hey, it worked.  i could actually print the test page without any
difficulty.

however, all i can do is print a test page from within lynx
localhost:631.

when i do echo "SOMETHING" > /de/lp0 either as root or as a non-root
user, nothing happens.

now, what is this problem?

thanx a lot

sandip p deshmukh

The shifts of Fortune test the reliability of friends.
		-- Marcus Tullius Cicero