Re: X 4.2 problems ("out of range") with Matrox G450

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:02:33 +0000 (UTC), Faheem Mitha
<faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> I am currently tracking sarge. My video card is the Matrox Millenium
> G450. Recently, X 4.2 arrived in sarge. As it turns out, it broke my
> working XF86Config-4 file for 4.1, though I didn't realise it right
> away, since I keep the X server up and running for long periods.

> I sent in a bug (169055) to xserver-xfree86, (though this might not be
> the right place). It can be viewed at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=169055
[snip]

I forgot to mention that shortly previous to this I had started having
tracking problems with my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse. It
would occasionally freeze or not track properly. I was puzzled by
this, but now it seems possible, even likely, that this was part of
the 4.2 problem, since it now appears to be fine.

                                                        Faheem.