Re: linux file systems

Mike Egglestone wrote:
Quoting james leclair <jleclair@onlinesupport.ca>:

Hello, relatively new debian user here. Could someone please point me in the direction of a good tutorial on linux file systems. I guess I just cant get myself out of thinking the ms-dos way:)
Thanks,
James

Hi,
Check out:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Filesystems-HOWTO.html

You'll soon realize how kick-ass ext2 and friends are! :)

Eventually you should go to ext3 which is an easy step from ext2,
because ext3 is more crash proof.

If new to linux, i'd just look for a good book. There's even an oreilly
book on using debian, but the one i've got is a bit dated.