Re: Sophos for Postfix

Curtis Vaughan said:
> I recall someone from this list stating that they were using Sophos.  I
> think it might have been Nate, but I'm not sure.
>
> My question, is anyone using Sophos on a Postfix server?   If so, here's
> the problem.  Sophos had me switch smtp over to port 2525 in the
> master.cf and services files.  Well, then scanning worked great, but no
> mail would get sent out.  What's going on?

hello! :)

I do use sophos with postfix. sorta. I use postfix with amavis which
uses sophos, so postfix does not directly interact with sophos. I also
use mcafee with amavis with sendmail. it works well, I am happy with
the results over the past couple years.

a sales guy at sophos was the first to point amavis out to me back
then when I was looking for virus/mail server integration software.

nate