From: Mikael Jirari [mailto:Mikael@eits.info]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 7:54 PM
To: 'Llies@dial.pipex.com'
Subject: RE: URGENT - How to shutdown Debian 3? - URGENT

Alt+CTrl+del works
-----Original Message-----
From: Llies Meridja [mailto:Llies@dial.pipex.com]
Sent: 15 November 2002 19:19
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: URGENT - How to shutdown Debian 3? - URGENT

Hi,

I have installed Debian 3 successfully but when I try shutting down I get an error stating that "only root can shutdown" yet when I try login as root I get an error saying "root cannot login from here...", How can I shut the system down?

All help is appreciated.

Regards
Llies

Mr Llies Meridja - J2EE developer
25 Liskeard Gardens
Blackheath
London SE3 0PE
(+44) 7766 541 551

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely
for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not
disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission.