Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:21:50 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

> cat /usr/share/doc/debian/social-contract.txt, please. This is just
> FUD.

Okay, allow me to take a step back from my original message.

First of all, I love Debian GNU/Linux.  I have absolutely no problem
with the way that the distribution is being managed and maintained.  I
was simply trying to state an argument for the status quo.

Hopefully, this will teach me not to reply to politically charged emails
before my mandatory two cups of coffee.  The real wake-up call was when
I was charged of spreading FUD (by none less than the inimitable Colin
Watson, who has helped me out of more than a few jams) about Debian.

Apologies all around.  Death to trolls.

And as far as the request to read
/usr/share/doc/debian/social-contract.txt, I'll do that as soon as I get
home. :)

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli