truetype fonts.alias

Hello,

Souldn't the fonts.alias file in

/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf/dirs/TrueType

be generated by x-ttcidfont-conf? It always end up empty (with 0 bytes).
This makes truetype fonts available only at a standard size for some X
applications, like xfontsel and lyx. I have msttcorefonts installed and
I am using testing.

I can  generate the fonts.alias file with an script like mkfontalias.py.
But this doesn't seems like the right thing to do. Am I failing to
configure something? Or it is a bug?

Paulo.

Obs: please carbon copy the answer to me. I do not sign debian-user due
to its heavy traffic.