Re: printing - do i give up?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:36:45AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:47:32PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
>
> > i installed cupsys, cupsys client, foomatic, foomatic-db and
> > foomatic-bin packages installed along with all dependencies.

i will also like to add that i have just dselect and installed the packages. do i have to run any programs --after-- installing the packages?

> > as root, i did lynx localhost:631
> >
> > and tried setting up printer. no luck. do i need some other package?
>
> Did you get a configuration page?

sure i did. i tried to answer the questions to the best of my abilities. but the whole thing - appsocket and so on and so forth and ipp or socket or this or that is terribly confusing!

some help please. something that will work and simple to understand

thanx in advance

sandip p deshmukh

take forceful action:
	Do something that should have been done a long time ago.