printing - do i give up?

hello all!

i am stuck so far as my printing set-up goes.

on my debian 3.0, i have an hp 710c printer attached.

i installed cupsys, cupsys client, foomatic, foomatic-db and foomatic-bin packages installed along with all dependencies.

as root, i did lynx localhost:631

and tried setting up printer. no luck. do i need some other package?

any simple to understand procedure that will work? or do i just give up the idea of printing on my printer?

i really miss add priner wizard in windows!

thanx anyway,

sandip p deshmukh

job interview, n.:
	The excruciating process during which personnel officers
	separate the wheat from the chaff -- then hire the chaff.