Re: mutt trouble

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:51:13AM -0500, Stephan Sauerburger wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:26:25AM -0500, Jon-o Addleman spanked upon the
> buttocks of Barbie in Morse Code:
> >On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 05:21:04PM +0530, sandip spake thusly:
> >>hello!
> >>
> >>this is what i did:
> >>mutt
> >>:source ~/.alias
> >>m #to compose new mail
> >>tried to use alias, doesnt work still!
> >>
> >>any further solutions?
> >
> >Just stick that line in your .muttrc. I don't know if it can be used any
> >other way.
>
> Sure it can. Sandip, everything you did in Mutt looks fine; my best guess is
> that the alias is improperly entered in that file. Care to attach ~/.alias
> this time?

well, i took earlier advice and put that line in .muttrc so that i do
not have to type it everytime i use mutt.

here is a sample of .muttrc

alias sridhar Sridhar <email@email.com>
etc.

now that i am here, let me ask one question. the way i understand, alias
has to be one word. am i right? for instance,

alias qwe asd zxc <email@email.com>

will be interpreted as qwe as alias for real name asd zxc. am i right?

is there anyway by which i can use white spaces in alias? for instance,
in above example, is there a way to use 'qwe asd' as alias and zxc as
real name?

thanx

- sandip