SMTP listener refused delivery

I ocassionally get the following error message:

fetchmail: SMTP listener refused delivery

I have fetchmail running in a cron every 5 min --silent --invisible.

For the most part this works and my mail gets checked and dumped into
exim/procmail every 5 mins.  But ocassionally (once or twice per day) I
get that error message.

As I understand it, fetchmail fetches the mail off some remote server
and dumps it into an MTA (exim in my case).  Since I run procmail, exim
then dumps the mail into procmail for sorting.  So is the error msg I'm
getting actually a reflection of procmail (what I think is the SMTP
listener in this case) refusing to receive the mail?

My exim.conf has the standard stuff for procmail:

procmail:
driver = localuser
transport = procmail_pipe
require_files=${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
no_verify

Any thoughts as to how I can figure out what is generating that SMTP
listener refusal message?

Thanks
Kevin

--