Re: dsp problem

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:56:21 -0500
"Thomas H. George,,," <georgeacct@spininternet.com> wrote:

> sndconfig finds my sound card and I hear the message although the
> volume is very low.  However, play pop.wav aborts with a message that
> /dev/dsp not found.  There is a file /dev/dsp so it must not be
> configured properly.  My references state that dsp is a D/A converter
> but give no clue as to how to get it working.

Try checking the permissions and ownership of /dev/dsp? You may also
want to add yourself to the 'audio' group.

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus)   -==-   http://surreality.us:8080/~rizen/
~GPG/PGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"I read my note again today: "Do something important." Once again, I'm
at a loss." -- Brandon Mechtley