Re: Problem with libesd-alsa

>>>>> "Theodore" == Theodore Reed <rizen@surreality.us> writes:

[...]

Theodore> But, trying to get everything working with ALSA, I installed
Theodore> libesd-alsa0.  Now, ESD doesn't work at all. When I try to run
Theodore> the daemon, I get this:

libesd-alsa0 is compiled against libasound1, which is incompatible with
the latest ALSA (which needs libasound2).  There is already a bug filed
against it (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=118022),
but the maintainer has not yet fixed it.  You can either try building
From source with libasound2 support, or using the OSS emulation layer.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA