Re: html as background

> Hello Lance,
>
> On Nov  2, Lance Hoffmeyer <lance@augustmail.com> wrote:
>
> |  Anyone know if there is a way to put an htnl page
> |  as a background in a window manager (windowmaker)?
>
> Hmmm.  Load it in a web browser, print to file, convert the ps to a jpg
> or something, then set that to be the background?

This is what I am trying to do-- but automatically from a console.
Galeon will save as *.ps file.  But does w3m,links, or wget save as
*.ps file?  How can I write a script (bash, perl) to go to a website
and dump the html page as a *.ps file (or gif,jpeg...)?

I am basically trying to get a local weather forecast off the web
and use it as a background on my desktop.

Lance