Re: deleting directory

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 01:23:27AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Brooks R. Robinson <brooks.robinson@rides.com> [2002.11.01.2303 +0100]:
> > It seems to me that I've seem this recently (I don't know who to credit),
> > but is it not written that there are two types of *nix users?
> >
> > Type 1: Those who have executed rm -rf /
> > Type 2: Those who haven't yet

i guess i am the guilty party.

being sadder and wiser, it is interesting to note subtile differences in
my newly reconstituted system made via dpkg --get-selections with full
restores of /root /home and /etc:

gnome terminal is gone and not available via apt-get

> apt-get install gnome-terminal
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package gnome-terminal has no available version, but exists in the
database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
However the following packages replace it:
  gnome-help-data
E: Package gnome-terminal has no installation candidate

gnome-help... hardly

and my colors are different on mutt (same config file) and right
clicking urls in mail no longer works!

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN          (debian testing & woody)
PO Box 520         .~.    _      Ramah,  NM  87321